As much as I did not want to fall victim to the new colour craze, I’ve been sucked into this gothic-sounding vortex like nobody’s business. Like it or not, oxblood is the new official colour for the fall season. I can’t help but wonder why the name “oxblood” and not just simply burgundy? Who the heck knows. What I do know, it’s a strong jewel tone with a saturated hue which possess the qualities of both red and brown. And this trend shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon either…as it continues to show up on runways, red carpets, and the streets.
Designers and fashionistas alike are considering this luxurious hue a new neutral, so to speak, which can be paired with; peony, forest green, sky blue, peach, black (which would be my choice – as a highlight piece), or head-to-toe as a monochromatic look. For those who are just not ready to fully immerse themselves in this viscerally named shade, you can chose to rock the bold colour on your nails, lips or as accessories.
1. NARS Sheer Lipstick in Vendanges, $24
2. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 12 – Forbidden Burgundy, $34
3. TopShop Lips in Beguiled, $15
4. NARS Nail Polish in Chinatown, $18
5. Deborah Lippmann Nail Colour in Dark Side of the Moon, $16
6. Essie Nail Polish in Berry Hard, $8
7. MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Liner in 11-Diamond Burgundy, $23
8. MAKE UP FOR EVER Powder Blush in Dark Red – Deep Burgundy 131, $20
9. Dior 5-Colour Designer All-In-One Artistry Palette in Nude Pink Design, $59
If you’re anything like me, you have some trepidation in purchasing designer threads and accessories when you are not convinced the trend will still be relevant the following season…enter some budget friendly options that I have fallen in love with and won’t break your wallet!