“Sharing is Caring” is probably one of the first rules I learned in nursery school and I’ve reminded myself of this old adage after recently adding ultrasonic facials into my pre-wedding beauty routine. When it comes to treatments, I have to be honest, I have been a bit of a Spa Snob in the past but I have been receiving emails from readers asking about day spas and treatments at locations outside of the downtown (Toronto) core, which couldn’t have been more timely as someone recently introduced me to the life changing Ultrasonic Chrono Facial at Fresh Touch Medi Spa located 30 minutes east of the city in Pickering.
Since October, I have had three Ultrasonic treatments and it has now become my latest beauty obsesh and would highly recommend it to any woman, or man, who is looking for superior deep cleaning of their pores and an improved, even skin tone. I have seen dramatic improvements in my skin and am now confident that I will achieve the clearest skin possible by the time my Spring wedding rolls around. After having facials at well known spas around the city, I think this facial is probably one of the best and comprehensive I have had to date.
If I have yet to entice you to try this miracle treatment, here is what you will experience during your 75-90 minute session…
- Deep cleansing, exfoliating and steam. The facialist will use the ultrasonic tool during the steaming process which will help further exfoliate and remove dead skin. Moreover, it softens and emolifies the sebum for easy removal
- Next, a vacuum machine (not used by many facialists around the city) is used for deep cleaning when pores are already opened. It removes a lot of surface dirt and works wonders for circulation. Mature clients really love it’s benefits!
- Extractions – the not so pleasant part of the facial but of course necessary. It is extremely important to remove bacteria, black and white heads from the pores to avoid future breakouts
- The High Frequency Zapper is used next to attack zits using oxidized electricity and also kills bacteria pathogens. The facialist informed me that its great for newly formed pimples/zits as it basically stops them dead in their tracks and speeds up the healing process. She was not joking because the few I had on my face had completely dried up within 24 hours.
- A little bit more steam while you enjoy an amazing neck massage. This step is what I like to refer to as “Cloud Nine”
- If you suffer from acne flare-ups like I do, then there will be some additional manual extractions and lancet to remove the head of blackheads to avoid unnecessary scaring
- Based on your skin type, a signature mask is then applied using specialized minerals and oil blend,s while receiving an arm and hand massage
I promise you, you will not be disappointed with the results. Of course, like any other beauty treatment out there, frequency and consistency will provide the best results. Depending on skin issues, it is ideal to have facials every 4-6 weeks…which I have agreed to do as part of my wedding beauty regime. *Tip: Make sure to book your facial with seasoned aesthetican Marilyn Nickerson!
If you are interested in giving the Ultrasonic Chono Facial a try in order to look refreshed and bright for the holidays, Fresh Touch Medi Spa is currently offering a special price from December 12-16th of only $79. For more information or to book an appointment, please visit their website www.freshtouchmedispa.com
Fresh Touch Medi Spa 1725 Kingston Road Unit #20. Pickering, ON (905) 619-8822