Most people start off the new year with good intentions to make changes to their lifestyle and majority of these usually are health and fitness related. As many as 40% of North Americans make new years resolutions and only an alarming 8% actually achieve these goals. One of my personal goals this year is to find more ways to be fiscally responsible by avoiding credit card debt and I’ve been enjoying taking on this challenge over the past month with my Mogo Prepaid Visa® Card. To help make sure that your wellness resolutions don’t go unresolved this year, I’ve teamed up with Mogo Money to share some of things that I absolutely love that will help you stay on track!
1. Freshii’s Metaboost Salad: Eating healthy on-the-go used to be a challenge but with Freshii locations in over 60 cities and 12 countries worldwide, the brand has made nutritious meals both accessible and affordable for everyone. The ‘Metaboost’ salad, which contains field greens, spinach, kale, mangoes, carrots, edamame beans, shaved almonds and goat cheese, is currently one of my faves on the menu. Click here to find a location near you.
2. Fountain’s Hyaluronic Molecule Food Supplement: While topical lotions and potions promise to give us glowing, healthy skin, it’s important to remember that the key to radiant skin is actually what we put in our bodies, not on them. Fountain’s Hyaluronic Molecule is a concentrated beauty supplement that helps keep your skin looking healthy and youthful.
3. Nike+ SportWatch GPS: Whether you’re training for your first race, which may be the Nike Women 15K in Toronto, or a seasoned marathoner, the Nike+ Stopwatch is an amazing tool for both training and race day. It keeps track of your location, pace, distance, laps, in addition to calories burned. If that wasn’t enough, it also stores all your run history and keeps tabs on your personal records, giving you encouragement along the way. Available in Canada at the Nike (Toronto Eaton Center) store, Sport Chek & Sporting Life locations and on Nike.com in the US.
4. Jabra Step Wireless Headphones: There is no better way to enjoy music while working out than with wireless headphones. Once you experience the freedom of not having your headphones connected to a device, you will never look back. Designed for training enthusiasts, the Step Wireless headphones are lightweight, durable, and water resistant. With accompanying gel hooks and a selection of different sized ear gels, these are perfect for those that have tiny ears.
5. Everlast Weighted Jump Rope: No access to a gym? No problem. Skipping is the cheapest and easiest way for a total body workout and can be done virtually anywhere. Similar to a speed rope, you will improve your agility, footwork and endurance. With a weighted rope like this one from Everlast, you burn a significant amount of calories and can be effective for increasing strength and promoting weight loss.
6. Gap Full Zip Jacket: Everyone needs that one transitional piece that can take them from their fave fitness class and continue Saturday errands in style. This heather grey shell from the GapFit’s latest collection is light weight making it perfect for the upcoming Spring months and works well with other layered pieces (think tanks and long sleeves) in colder temperatures.
7. Nike Studio Wraps: If yoga, barre and pilates is your thing, this will take your practice to the next level. Nike’s Studio Wraps are an innovative training shoe designed to help you get the most out of these forms of exercise by providing extra support with the help of studio ribbons, traction (to enhance grip on indoor surfaces), while providing a barefoot like experience. The added bonus – protection from studio floors. Available in Canada at the Nike (Toronto Eaton Center) store, Sport Chek & Sporting Life locations and on Nike.com in the US.
8. Vitamin Water Zero: We all know it’s important to drink water but do you know why? Getting the proper amount of water helps maintain the body’s fluid balance which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulate body temperature, digest food and more. It also helps with calorie control, kidney function, pain prevention and clears skin. It also provides fuel for muscles. Prevent yourself from getting bored of drinking the recommended nine – 16 cups of H20 daily by mixing it up with other hydration options such as Vitamin Water Zero, a sugar free flavoured water which is loaded with vitamins and sweetened naturally with stevia extract.
9. Nike Free 4.0 Flyknit: Designed to help you unleash your natural stride, the Flyknit 4.0 is a great running shoe that’s not only lightweight, but also provides adequate support and flexibility – made possible by a unique polyester yarn upper and hexagonal flex grooves on the soles. Knit-in flawier cables cradle the mid foot for support where you need it most.
Accepted anywhere Visa cards are accepted, Mogo Prepaid Visa® cardholders receive perks such as unlimited transactions, free text balance updates sent to a mobile device and no monthly fees. PLUS, a choice of 40 unique card designs to choose from so you can have a card that reflects your own personal style. For more information on Mogo Prepaid Visa®, head to Mogo.ca.
Other posts similar to this you may like…